Dental emergencies always seem to come up at the worst times, so at Mangilao Dental Clinic, we accept walk-ins and same-day emergency visits to give you and your family the care you need as soon as possible. In an emergency, immediate dental care is vital to ensure the best possible outcome for your tooth and your health. Call us right away or come to our office if you’re experiencing an emergency!
What is an Emergency?
A dental emergency can involve the following:
- Pain and/or swelling
- Persistent toothaches
- Bleeding or trauma injuries
- Knocked out teeth
- Visibly damaged or broken tooth
- Dental work missing or fallen out
- A cracked tooth
Can I Wait It Out or Just Take Antibiotics?
Toothaches are the body’s way of telling you that something is wrong. Pain and swelling are often signs of infection. Loose or missing dental work or broken teeth may not hurt, but also can be ticking time bombs that can soon result in pain. Because infections can spread into other areas of the face and body, it is never recommended to ignore warning signs. Antibiotics only offer a temporary effect and do not fully treat dental problems, so a visit with a dentist is very important to treat your emergency.
What To Do in a Dental Emergency
First, call Mangilao Dental Clinic to let us know you have an emergency and want to come in.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, rinse in warm water and put in a container of saline (salt water) or cold milk
- If a filling or crown fell out, store it in a plastic ziplock and bring it with you if possible
- If you are bleeding, use cotton or gauze to place strong pressure in the area, bleeding should stop within 1-2 hours at most.
- If you are in pain, take OTC Ibuprofen (aka Motrin or Advil), alternate doses with OTC Acetaminophen (Tylenol) if needed.
- If you are swelling, apply an ice pack to the area.
Be sure you come to Mangilao Dental Clinic to get professional treatment for your emergency as soon as possible!
Get Help Immediately: Walk-Ins and Same-day Appointments
If possible, we ask that you call ahead so that we can prepare for your visit and offer the best service possible from the moment you arrive. However, we know this isn’t always possible. Please do not hesitate to walk-in without calling in the event of an emergency! We will do our best to accommodate you and get you the emergency treatment you need as quickly as possible. If you are having a dental emergency, call us at (671) 969-4242